Free zones are areas within a country’s territory and regarded as being outside its customs territory, wherein corporate subjects form other countries can perform commercial operations.
Subotica Free Zone JSC
Subotica Free Zone Joint-Stock Company
94 Batinska Street
Phone: +381 24 548 277
It is located on an area of 11 hectares and 6292 square meters.
It disposes of a total of 26.000 square meters of space for production and warehousing.
TERMS FOR OBTAINING THE USER STATUS IN THE ZONE
- Application with a brief explanation about the intended business
- Photocopy of the documents relating to business registration
ADVANTAGES OF OPERATIONS PURSUED IN THE ZONE
- Customs and tax free import and export of goods and services, and no limited time of the customs supervision.
- Exemption from value added tax (VAT) payment.
- Customs and tax free import of equipment for operations in the Free Zone and the materials for the construction of the buildings.
- Reduced customs procedure
- Products manufactured in the Free Zone and containing more than 50% of domestic materials are granted the “Made in Serbia” Certificate of Origin.
- Temporary removal of products from the free zones is allowed for presentation or additional finishing purposes.
- Possibility of foreign credit funding for businesses in the Free Zone.
- Free zone user assets may not be subjected to nationalization or expropriation.
- Free capital investment in the area of the Free Zone, transfer of profit and the re-transfer of shares.
- Under the Law on Free Zones, the rights the users of the Free Zone are entitled to may not be diminished by any other law or regulation.
ACTIVITIES IN THE ZONE
A user can, according to the Law and the contract with the company in charge of managing the Zone, produce and provide services within the Zone. Under the Law on Free Zones, all business activities are allowed, but specifically manufacture, processing, warehousing of goods and raw materials, bank and financial businesses, insurance, tourist and other services, and all other additional, environmentally non-polluting services.
For additional information please visit the Subotica Free Zone website at www.szsu.co.rs